TO: Confirmation Coordinators
FROM: Patricia Allen, Secretary to the Bishop
DATE: June 25, 2007
SUBJECT: Confirmation 2008
Next year, Easter Sunday falls on March 23rd. Pentecost Sunday will be May 11th. Clergy Study Week takes place the week of May 12-16, 2008.
During the 2008 Easter Season, Bishop Patrick McGrath and Msgr. Francis Cilia will be available to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. Once a majority of the date requests have come in, the schedule for Confirmation and the celebrant will be determined.
Please know that the deans (Vicars Forane) and all the Vicars are also able to confer the Sacrament of Confirmation. In addition, Bishop McGrath is always very happy to grant to a Pastor, upon request, the delegation to confirm.
Here are some reminders:
- It is always greatly appreciated when parishes join together for the celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation, either at the Cathedral or at a designated parish church.
- Please submit three (3) date requests, listing them in order of preference. We will do our best to accommodate your requests.
- To the extent that it is possible, calendar requests for Confirmation will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis. It is my hope to have the Confirmation schedule ready by early September.
- For those parishes with a confirmation group of less than thirty candidates, please join with another parish.
- The following Saturday mornings have been reserved at the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph for the 9:30 a.m. celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation:
- March 29, 2008
- April 12, 2008
- April 19, 2008
- April 26, 2008
- May 10, 2008.
Please submit request/s-by fax, regular mail, or e-mail as soon as possible to:
Diocese of San José
900 Lafayette Street, Suite 301
Santa Clara, CA 95050-4966