Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Liturgy Files: Can you put fish in the font?

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPart of my job is to answer email (I receive and send at least 50 emails a day....sheesh!). Some of these emails are simple Q&A. In these Liturgy Files, I'll share some of the most helpful Q&As.

Today's note is actually an email the United States Bishops' Committee on the Liturgy (BCL) received in their inbox. I will have to file this in the "Don't Do This!" section of the Liturgy Files. Hat tip to Fr. Chris at Santa Teresa.

Q: Our church was recently renovated. Our pastor has made certain changes, among them, fish have been placed in the water of the baptismal font. Is it appropriate? I have never seen this in any other parish.

A: Click here to read the BCL's answer.

No comments: