Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Prayer Before Family Reunions

This prayer by Diana Macalintal originally appeared in Today's Parish Minister, Vol. 39, No. 7, November/December, 2007.

A Prayer Before Family Reunions

Photo: Chance Agrella, courtesy of and copyright Free Range Stock, www.freerangestock.comGod, I will be seeing my family soon,
and it has been so long since I have been with them.
I am a different person now, and I am sure that they are too.
Yet I still feel the same hurts that never went away,
the same wounds that never healed,
the same grudges that were never settled,
and the same anxiety of falling into old habits.
Fill me, Lord, with your peace, forgive my faults as I forgive theirs,
and help me love my family as I know you love them.
With the Holy Family as our companion,
bless our time together and strengthen the bonds between us
that we may grow more in love with each other
until we are perfectly united forever in your kingdom.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.

No comments: