Confirmation of Adults - May 11, 2008
On Pentecost Sunday, May 11, 2008, Bishop Patrick J. McGrath will welcome adult candidates for Confirmation to the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph.
Some things to know:
- The liturgy will begin at 3:00p and will be a Liturgy of the Word with the Rite of Confirmation.
- Candidates and their sponsors need to arrive by 2:30p to check-in and be ready for a brief rehearsal.
- Please supply each candidate with a nametag on which is written the name they want the Bishop to use when they are confirmed. It should be written or typed clearly in a large font (at least 18 point in a simple non-calligraphy font).
- Each candidate must be accompanied by at least one sponsor; they may bring two sponsors.
- Several rows of each section of the Cathedral will be reserved by parish for candidates, their sponsors, and two members of the parish Confirmation team. Families, friends, and parishioners are welcomed and can sit in the unreserved sections.
- At least one member of your confirmation team should be present to assist your candidates. Pastors and parish priests are encouraged to attend.
- Please review with your confirmandi and sponsors the responses for the Confirmation Rite (see Rite of Confirmation, #21-#30).
- Dress is Sunday best. (Wear something you would wear if you were visiting the Pope)
- The chancery does not give Confirmation certificates. If your candidates want a record of their Confirmation, you are welcomed to provide them with your own parish certificate.
- Each parish is responsible for recording the Confirmation date along with necessary information in your parish register. The place would be the Cathedral Basilica of Saint Joseph. Bishop Patrick J. McGrath would be the person who confirmed.
- There is free parking on the street or in the city parking lots on San Fernando Street between First and Third Streets. Click here for more information on parking in downtown San José.
- fill out and submit the online form below no later than May 1, 2008;
- or, download this Word document by clicking this graphic
and sending the completed document to the Office of Pastoral Ministry, attn. Bernard Nemis, 900 Lafayette Street, Suite 301, Santa Clara, CA 95050-4966, no later than May 1, 2008.
Questions? Contact Diana Macalintal, 408-983-0136.
Labels: diocesan liturgies