Vino & Vespers with John Angotti - April 22, 2009
John has won numerous awards including, "Male Vocalist of the Year," "Pop/Contemporary," and "Praise and Worship Album of the Year" from the United Catholic Music and Video Association. His powerful voice and writing style includes contemporary rock, pop, and Latin rhythms, along with his ability to give new life to traditional classics in chant and classical genres.
When Pope Benedict XVI visited Nationals Park in Washington D.C., John was invited to perform "Stand in the Light" for the pre-Mass celebration. This song was chosen as the 2007 Los Angeles Religious Education Congress theme song and is the title of one of his latest recordings. John's most recent CD is "Joy Beyond Our Dreams" which features uplifting new music for the Easter Season.
Vino & Vespers are interactive evenings that feature prominent Catholics talking about how they live their faith through the real events of contemporary life. Young adults over 21 and those very much over-21 are especially invited.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009, 7:30 pm
200 Prospect Avenue, Los Gatos, 95030
$10 suggested free will donation
Please RSVP with Bernard Nemis or 408-983-0126.
Driving Directions to Casa Maria Conference Center from Downtown San Jose:
- 280 N toward San Francisco
- HWY 17 S toward Santa Cruz
- Exit HWY 9 (Los Gatos-Saratoga Road). Get into left lane immediately.
- LEFT at the first stoplight which is University Avenue.
- Take University to the end where it forms a T with Main Street. LEFT on Main Street.
- Go to the first stoplight which is College Avenue and turn RIGHT (there’s a sign for “Novitiate” on the corner of College and Main).
- Go one block to the top of the street and turn RIGHT at Villa Avenue (follow the signs for “Novitiate”).
- Go 0.6 miles up the hill. When you see the Jesuit Novitiate and Winery on your right, turn LEFT onto Prospect Avenue.
- Go 0.1 miles and turn LEFT at the sign for "Sisters of the Holy Names Main Entrance." Parking will be in the lot on your left. The Chapel entrance is in the building to your right.
Labels: workshops and events