Thursday, March 15, 2007

St. Patrick's Breastplate - music and translations

Click here to get free sheet music (pdf) by Diana Macalintal of this prayer in English that you can download and use in your parish with permission.

Thanks to Rev. Wayne Negrete, SJ, for passing on these translations of the hymn ascribed to Saint Patrick.

Saint Patrick's Breastplate Prayer

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.


Oración Coraza de San Patricio
http://www.ewtn.com/spanish/prayers/orac_san_patricio.htm

Cristo conmigo,
Cristo frente a mí,
Cristo tras de mí,
Cristo en mí,
Cristo a mi diestra,
Cristo a mi siniestra,
Cristo al descansar,
Cristo al levantar,
Cristo en el corazón de cada hombre que piense en mí,
Cristo en la boca de todos los que hablen de mí,
Cristo en cada ojo que me mira,
Cristo en cada oído que me escucha.


Saint Patrick's Breastplate Prayer
Panalanging Panangga
translated by Rev. Eli Rowdy Lumbo, SJ

Kristo kasama ko,
Kristo sa harapan ko,
Kristo sa likuran ko,
Kristo sa loob ko,
Kristo sa babá ko,
Kristo sa taas ko,
Kristo sa kanan ko,
Kristo sa kaliwa ko,
Kristo pag ako’y nahiga,
Kristo pag ako’y umupo,
Kristo pag ako’y tumayo,
Kristo sa puso ng bawat taong iniisip ako,
Kristo sa bibig ng lahat na pinag-uusapan ako,
Kristo sa bawat matang nakikita ako,
Kristo sa bawat tengang naririnig ako.


No comments: