Vino & Vespers - April 27, 2007
Gather with others who love the Church, and spend an evening with three of God’s best gifts: prayer, food, and conversation. We’ll begin with Evening Prayer followed by an intimate conversation with our guest speaker about faith and daily life as we savor delicious desserts and fine wine.
Br. Rufino Zaragoza, OFM
Br. Rufino ministers as a liturgical music consultant while continuing studies in multicultural ministry focusing on the Vietnamese-American community. He frequently travels to Vietnam, researching examples of liturgical inculturation and writes on the gift of Vietnamese liturgy for the American church. Read more about the Vietnam pilgrimages he organizes at vnpilgrimage.com/ocp.html.
Another very special guest will be
Bishop Patrick J. McGrath, Bishop of San José.
Vino & Vespers are interactive evenings that feature prominent Catholics talking about how they live their faith through the real events of contemporary life in the Silicon Valley. Young adults over 21 and those very much over-21 are especially invited.
Friday, April 27, 2007, 7:30 pm
200 Prospect Avenue, Los Gatos, 95030
$5 suggested free will donation
Please RSVP with Bernard Nemis
408-983-0126 or online.
Click here for a PDF flyer that you can print.
Driving Directions to Casa Maria Conference Center from Downtown San Jose:
- 280 N toward San Francisco
- HWY 17 S toward Santa Cruz
- Exit HWY 9 (Los Gatos-Saratoga Road). Get into left lane immediately.
- LEFT at the first stoplight which is University Avenue.
- Take University to the end where it forms a T with Main Street. LEFT on Main Street.
- Go to the first stoplight which is College Avenue and turn RIGHT (there’s a sign for “Novitiate” on the corner of College and Main).
- Go one block to the top of the street and turn RIGHT at Villa Avenue (follow the signs for “Novitiate”).
- Go 0.6 miles up the hill. When you see the Jesuit Novitiate and Winery on your right, turn LEFT onto Prospect Avenue.
- Go 0.1 miles and turn LEFT at the sign for "Sisters of the Holy Names Main Entrance." Parking will be in the lot on your left. The Chapel entrance is in the building to your right.
Labels: workshops and events