Friday, February 10, 2006

30,000

Work of the PeopleLast night around midnight, this blog quietly welcomed its 30,000th reader. When I started this site in August, 2004, I did not know that it would become so popular not only in the Diocese of San José but also across the United States, Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia.

So I’d like to thank all you who read this site and come back to it each week. Thanks for putting up with the long dry spells and for spending your time clicking every link when the posts come fast and furious. Thanks for your emails with helpful tips and your online comments, anonymous or not. Thanks for your suggestions for improvement, for your reasonable complaints, and for your encouragement and supportive words. (I keep a folder in Outlook with emails I receive that say “good job.” I read these on those days that all of us have when we wonder why we keep doing what we do.)

But most of all, thanks for being dedicated to making good liturgy happen. Without your passion and love for the Church, this site and my work wouldn’t be needed.

I pray that Work of the People will always be a place where you can find help, creative ideas, affirmation, beauty, humor, and words that challenge all of us to be better at the work we do together.

Diana Macalintal
Associate for Liturgy

No comments: